Farm Journal, the nation’s leading agricultural B2B information and media company, is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join our growing digital and web development team. We reach agribusiness professionals through 44+ million monthly engagements via our branded websites, e-newsletters, native mobile apps, print publications, events and conferences, and our nationally syndicated television and radio broadcasts; as well as an array of data-driven products. We use technology to actively shape the agriculture marketplaces of the future.
- Professionally Proficient. Your background reflects a combination of back-end and front-end programming skills and solution architecture design.
- Comfortable working under general direction, delivering solution approaches that address ambiguous, time-sensitive, business challenges
- Collaborative – you will work closely with the organization’s technology leaders and non-technical stakeholders. You are an excellent communicator – skilled at explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Business-Aware. You have a demonstrated ability to quickly identify the business problem driving technology requests and align that understanding with solution design recommendations.
- Client-Focused. You prioritize user needs over technical feasibility and identify ways to solve problems that do not increase technical debt.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- 3+ years experience developing user-facing features using ReactJS and building reusable components and front-end libraries
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful APIs
- 1+ years of experience with GraphQL
- Ability to translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, optimizing components for maximum performance across a variety of web-capable devices and browsers
- Experience with data structure libraries (e. g., Immutable. js)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as Oauth2
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and build tools
- Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Healthy work / life balance
- Daily “mental Break” opportunities with Table Tennis, Jenga and Connect4
- Flexible Work-from-home days each month
- Competitive annual salary
- Paid vacation
- Medical PPO and HSA coverage through BlueCross
- Dental and vision coverage
- Employer paid life and AD&D coverage
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account
- 401k retirement savings plan with employer matching
- Pre-tax transit and parking benefits via direct payroll deduction
- Convenient location in our downtown Chicago office featuring an open and collaborative floor plan, amazing views of the River, and located close to Union Stations, Ogilvie Station and the Brown/Orange/Pink/Purple El stations
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730