National Account Manager
Farm Journal seeks to hire a National Account Manager. This position is an incredible opportunity to be holistically responsible for strategy, sales and customer service for our full line media portfolio for current and prospective accounts.
Generate revenues by maintaining or establishing business relationships with new and existing customers, assessing their needs, developing and presenting advertising and marketing proposals that address those needs, and providing on-going customer service. Candidate must be extremely entrepreneurial and a self starter. Most importantly, the account manager is required to meet and/or exceed all revenue budgets, and convert a minimum of four Target accounts to Key account status each year.
Upon completion of orientation, Account Managers are to make ten quality calls per week. This is the minimum standard of performance for all Account Managers. A quality call is defined as any of the following types of calls on Key and Target accounts only: 1) Customer Needs Analysis (CNA). 2) Customer Focused (No Surprise) Written Proposal (CFWP). 3) Presentation of half-baked ideas. 4) Components of the “critical path”. 5) Confirming and contracting Key Marketing Challenges (KMC). 7) Confirming and contracting return on investment and client expectations. 8) Steps on the Target Account Progress Tracker (TAPT).
The National Account Manager is responsible for the maintenance of their account list and prospecting for new account development. Peridiodically, you will be required to meet with your sales director to review the status and progress of your target and key accounts. Annually, Account Manager is responsible for completion of a Key Account Growth Plan for each Key account. Weekly, Account Manager is required to maintain a Target Account Progress Tracker and weekly sales planner from the previous and/or current week. Client contact must be noted daily in company CRM system. The account manager is also required to provide the sales director with revenue projections on a monthly basis and other reports on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- You will conceptualize, present and close multi-media sales using our portfolio of products to existing and new businesses. Once closed you will service, maintain and grow these new business relationships.
- You will actively build your knowledge of agriculture and all segments of the large animal production industries
- You will provide monthly forecasts and annual account plans.
- You will stay current with new media platforms.
- You will maintain strong business relationships with all new/existing clients to optimize customer satisfaction and repeat sales opportunities. Maintain and continue to develop current client contacts and relationships with senior levels of client corporations and their advertising agencies.
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Completion of Bachelors Degree program
- Minimum 3 years sales, advertising, and or marketing experience
- Strong understanding of sales data and how to utilize it in marketing plans
- Proven prior success selling, or planning complex multi-media programs
- Basic understanding of agriculture
- Strong understanding of how large companies marketing and sales divisions work and a comfort level working throughout that environment
- Experience with the use of data to drive digital/social, events, print, broadcast and mobile platforms preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of how client marketing and sales divisions work and a comfort level working throughout both environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior presentation and business planning skills
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, creative, and customer-focused
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s).
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730