Marketing Intern – Summer 2020
Farm Journal is the recognized leader in the B2B agriculture media / business information market. The Company has a broad portfolio of top brands and media channels including magazines, broadcast, online/digital, mobile, newsletters and events – plus a robust demographic and behavioral database. The company serves key sectors in agriculture throughout its channels including traditional row-crop (corn, soybeans, wheat & cotton) and livestock (beef, dairy & pork) producers, produce (retail, growers, shippers, wholesalers, brokers, etc.) and ag retail (ag crop and livestock input retailers, co-ops, machinery dealers, etc.).
Many of the company’s brands are industry icons: including Farm Journal, The Packer, Top Producer, Pro Farmer, Drovers and Dairy Herd Management. In addition to traditional print publishing, the company produces national television and radio programs including AgDay, US Farm Report and AgriTalk. The company produces more than two dozen industry-leading websites including Agweb.com, ThePacker.com, ProduceMarketGuide.com and GreenBook.com. The company also distributes content and marketing through Farm Journal Mobile, a unique text-messaging service and mobile app platform. The company licenses detailed industry data via its FarmReach database, publishes several paid-information newsletters, produces numerous large-scale live events, and provides extensive custom-publishing services.
The Marketing Intern will work as part of a team that supports Farm Journal and its marketing efforts by developing media kits, promotional materials for events, digital and print advertising and other marketing materials for Farm Journal and its brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Organize and direct the development of all Farm Journal media kits
- Support Farm Journal corporate branding and marketing efforts
- Work with the digital team to coordinate website edits and updates in a timely manner
- Assist with development of Farm Journal business and event marketing plans and strategies
- Help manage the creation of event marketing materials including direct mail pieces, print ads, digital ads, and social media marketing messages
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in a college or university
- Agriculture or magazine background or experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks regularly
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially excel
- Strong customer service skills
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730