Lead Developer, Web Development
Farm Journal is seeking a Lead Developer for our Content Platform team focused on iterating on our detached Drupal CMS solution. This position requires a combination of modern back-end and front-end web development practices, solid leadership, strong mentoring of junior team members and clear and concise communication skills. An understanding of the entire web development process, from discovery to post-deployment, is required. Expect this role to be 80% in the trenches behind a keyboard, with the remainder participating in discovery, planning, posts-deployment maintenance and team management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front and back end development w/ HTML5, SASS, PHP and jQuery
- Assist in prioritization of ticket requests.
- Perform discovery activities and architect technical solutions with emphasis on future proofing.
- Collaborate with product and project managers, and other internal teams.
- Lead internal and external development activities. Reviewing and
- Propose technical solutions to business needs
- Drupal core support and upgrades
- Drupal module development and support
- New feature set design/implementation
- Overall CMS optimization, code review and stability
- Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing company sites
- Optimize site performance
- Review and lead technical implementations from external Drupal developers
- Hosting environment set up and configurations
- Identify and assist in resolution of issues related to data quality, integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Support activities to harmonize, standardize, and globalize processes.
- Strategic Origination
- 5+ years of experience with back-end web development (PHP, MySQL)
- 3+ years of experience with Drupal, with at least 1 year spent on Drupal 8
- 2+ years of experience with ad serving solutions – Google Ad Manager a plus
- Technical design experience for complex solutions
- Expertise in Drupal backend development, including custom module development, contributed key modules and core API
- Expertise in Drupal front end development, including theming and standard design implementation
- Needs to possess a deep understanding of Drupal’s “best practices” for all new module development
- Active within the Drupal community
- Ability to understand and resolve site performance issues
- Continuous integration/modern deployment technologies
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a Team Lead
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to both collaborate with team members (internal and external) and work independently
- Strong work ethic, ability to handle multiple tasks and creatively solve problems
- Produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- Work with external resources as needed, which includes occasional off-hours meetings
- Excellent and proactive communication skills are vital
Additional skills desired but not required:
- Google Ad Manager (assist ad team with technical issues) Analytics, Tag Manager, Moat Analytics, and Lytics CDP
- LAMP stack with moderate exposure to both the Drupal and WordPress publishing platforms and their ecosystems.
- Laravel PHP Framework
- Experience w/ AlpineJS, React JS and/or VueJS
- Redis and Mongo DB
- Node JS, and Express Framework
- Detached and Headless CMS architectures
- Issue Management Systems, GitHub, Jira
- Automated Testing w/ PhpUnit, Behat, etc.
- Application Monitoring w/ New Relic
- Google services such as Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Prior media company experience a plus
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Phone: (913) 438-0730