This prestigious national role, Multi-Media Journalist, Content Creator, serves as a television news reporter and field producer while contributing to radio, digital, social and print platforms. The high-profile role in Farm Journal’s award-winning team provides a wide range of opportunities for career growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Travel regularly report and produce custom stories, including on-farm visits, farm shows, industry conventions and industry meetings.
- Provide custom reports and news for Farm Journal TV and Radio programs.
- Create and manage custom content series across all Farm Journal properties.
- Create omni-channel content for digital, broadcast, print and social delivery.
- Serve as back-up anchor for AgDay, U.S. Farm Report and AgriTalk.
- Serve as back-up host of U.S. Farm Report weekly roundtables.
- Assist with daily program production as directed by newsroom managers.
- Be responsible for daily postings to program web sites and other digital initiatives.
- Help contribute and manage AgDay and U.S. Farm Report social sites.
- Writes for Farm Journal magazine properties, which includes Farm Journal, Drovers, etc.
- Constantly strive to develop a clear understanding and knowledge of key issues relevant to agricultural audiences.
- While travel is regular, this position (with rare exceptions) will not work evenings, weekends or holidays.
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism/Communication
- 2-3 years of on-air experience in television
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the agricultural industry preferred
- Ability to execute all aspects of television news production – writing, reporting, producing, basic editing, web reporting and posting.
- Ability to produce omni-channel content for digital, print, broadcast and social