The Trust In Food Sustainability Analyst is on the front lines of driving positive change in agriculture, supporting producers and partners across the agri-food value chain in advancing climate-smart, regenerative practices, programs, and solutions. They do this by working at the cutting edge of behavoiral data, first party research, and sustainable ag practices.
We’re looking for a self-starter with proven experience in sustainable agriculture production, ag producer research, and data analysis, paired with a demonstrated ability to translate information into actionable insights and recommendations.
At Farm Journal’s Trust in Food, we harness the reach, trust, data and insights of America’s largest ag content and intelligence company to accelerate the uptake of sustainable ag across mainstream producers in row crops, livestock, and speciality crops. We’re a unique group of behavioral science, sustainable agriculture, and strategic communications experts revolutionizing how producers connect with the products, practices and services they need to become more resilient and sustainable.
- Develop and lead project work with a diverse array of clients, applying Farm Journal’s data, insights, and producer connections to create solutions that advance sustainable ag practices, products and services. Project work can include: research and analysis, data-derived insights, strategy, program design, producer engagement, communications campaigns, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Develop, design, implement, and analyze in-depth custom quantitative research projects with producers, ag retailers, and other key parts of the ag value chain. We particularly value candidates who can translate information into actionable insights and recommendations for partners.
- Serve as TIF’s in-house expert on agricultural carbon and ecosystem services, applying learnings across our portfolio of national collaborations and project work.
- Manage the full project cycle: scoping work, ensuring execution of project deliverables through deep internal collaboration, managing budget, presenting results, and staying in constant contact with clients to ensure success.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with a variety of aspects of sustainable agriculture
- Proven success scoping, managing, and delivering sustainable agriculture projects
- Demonstrated ability to forge deep, mutually respectful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with primary research and data interpretation, including communication to non-technical stakeholders
- Outstanding problem solving skills to propose solutions to scale and make a lasting positive difference for our nation’s food supply and the farmers who produce it
- Superb time management and ability to prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills
- Client Management – Relationship building, identifying opportunities for new and repeat business, navigating organizations, managing expectations
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
Attributes of a Successful Candidate will include:
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous “start up” environment
- Team player: belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to being a great teammate.
- Innovative and creative: willing and eager to think outside the traditional to imagine new possibilities and opportunities
- Self-starter: ability to work with minimal supervision, while also willing to seek guidance when necessary
- Deep respect and appreciation for the many nuances and on the ground challenges faced by agricultural producers