The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial reports and should have strong excel, and financial systems skills, and will manage reporting for multiple divisions, and inter-related companies. They will also provide support to the Accounting Manager and CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and review financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Update and maintain budget/reporting system, including finding and resolving issues
- Process monthly general ledger closing, prepare adjusting journal entries, and update all monthly papers, including fixed assets and depreciation, prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, and commissions for separate divisions.
- Prepare annual schedules and perform variance analysis monthly.
- Interface with auditors to prepare annual audit and tax returns.
- Support Accounting Manager in preparation of contract reimbursements and related accounting entries.
- Support Accounting Manager with preparation of monthly corporate work papers, including but not limited to insurance, depreciation, management fees, accrued expenses, etc.
- Support CFO in preparing financial reporting as needed.
- Lead for financial distribution
- P&L analysis
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 5-6 years of experience in corporate accounting.
- Essential qualifications include excellent Excel skills, understanding of the general ledger and financial analysis and system proficiencies, strong attention to detail
- Strong systems knowledge – ability to troubleshoot and correct issues that arise
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills on all levels a must.
- Naviga or Host Analytics Software experience helpful but not necessary.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be efficient and detail-oriented, and work with minimal supervision.