The Photojournalist for Farm Journal Broadcast is a member of a core production staff responsible for contributing to all aspects of video production for the broadcast division, including field shooting, video editing, graphic design, social media and project management responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On-location videographer for news gathering, program feature video, events and clientcommercial production.
- Feature and commercial video editor for program material, in-studio and remote.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, PC and Mac platforms/devices
- Project manager, working independently and jointly with clients/producers/reporters to successfully execute multiple and simultaneous projects from creation to completion.
- Assist with studio production, including segment producing and post-production editing.
- Coordinate production workflow with broadcast home studios in South Bend, IN.
- Working with FJ content team, seek out new and innovative ways to engage and extend audience relationships with social and multi-media and translate video to digital and other social media venues.
- This position will involve national and occasional international travel, periodically extensive.
- Understanding of current and developing video, audio, digital & production technologies a must.
- Complete post-production editing capabilities, graphic design and understanding of studio to post workflow.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication/Television Production or relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in television and/or video production.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and some weekends.
- Understanding of current and developing video, audio, digital, design & production technologies a must.
- Ability to execute all aspects of television news & creative production – editing, videography, project management, graphic design, social media, scripting and captioning services as needed.
- Basic knowledge of live streaming technology