Trust in Food is a social purpose initiative of Farm Journal that is working to accelerate the transition to more sustainable and resilient agricultural systems. At Trust in Food, we harness the reach, trust, data and insights of America’s largest agricultural content and intelligence company to support companies, organizations, universities, and government agencies with advancing their sustainable agriculture goals, programs, products, and services.
This vital, high-profile role is responsible for delivering Trust In Food’s capabilities to support companies, organizations, universities, and government agencies with their sustainable food and regenerative agriculture goals, strategies, programs and products. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record and established network in sales, consulting, business development, or service(s) business. Experience in the sustainability, food, media or agriculture space also is a big plus. Join us in creating a new space in the market and delivering on the ground impact.
The Partnership Development Director is responsible for identifying new Trust in Food client/partner opportunities, with agriculture industry players as well as those that are non-endemic to agriculture. This position will also inherit an existing book of business and be responsible for retaining and growing those relationships. A successful candidate will be one who is client focused, influential, high energy, self-motivated and goal driven. Dynamic communication and presentation skills are a must. An ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Aggressively grow new relationships and new business goals each month
- Retain greater than 94% of the existing book of business
- Establish new relationships and identify opportunities with the appropriate decision makers by understanding their business sustainability challenges and goals
- Discover, understand, and apply Trust in Food capabilities and assets to solve client and prospect challenges
- Identify, package and productize Trust in Food capabilities for new markets and segments
- Represent Farm Journal and the Trust in Food initiative at industry events
Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience in sales, consulting, business development, or service(s) business is required
- 5+ years of solution selling experience
- Previous experience identifying and leading new business initiatives
- Ability to create strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Expertise at maintaining a high level of activity to produce results in a team environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude
- Client focused – ability to understand internal/external clients needs, opportunities and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sounds recommendations and/or solutions
- Achievement focused – generate results by assuming responsibility for one’s performance, and recognizing opportunities and acting efficiently and with the given deadlines
- Strategic networking – works to build and maintain friendly, trustworthy and open internal and external relationships and networks with people who are, or might become, important actors in achieving strategic-related goals
- Negotiating – ability to work towards win-win outcomes
- Influential – intent to convince others in an honest, respectful and sensitive manner in order to get them to go along with one’s objectives
- Bravery – undeterred in reaching key decision makers, and ability to conduct high-level interactions
- Fast on your feet, compelling, and likeable
- Drive for discovery, asking questions at all levels for the best outcome
- Innovative & creative – not afraid to re-imagine processes or possibilities—or create new ones—that serve clients and meet business goals.
- Team Player – belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to being a great teammate.