The National Account Manager, Livestock is responsible for integrating multiple facets of Farm Journal’s research, data, and marketing assets through the interchange of information discovery to establish customer needs to maximize client profitability and satisfaction.
The livestock market has been identified by the management as key to overall company growth and this position will develop and execute a strategic operating plan for each of the assigned accounts that drives enterprise solution selling practices focusing on research, data, print, digital, event, mobile, custom, and broadcast revenues in this key market.
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Accountability for sales and profit for the assigned accounts, to deliver consistent revenue growth that meets or exceeds budget.
- Conceptualize, create, present and close complex sales of our research, data, and multimedia products
- Maintain and continue to develop client contacts and relationships with senior level directors of large corporations and agencies
- Monitor advertiser’s products, share of market and recommend solutions for increasing sales
- Develop, present and implement enterprise solution programs that are activated by marketing/promotional strategies to assist advertisers in maximizing wholesale/retail sales volume, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement sales strategy with knowledge and cooperation of division managers.
- Communicate account details and strategy with internal team members
- Travel as required including industry trade events
- Work with others throughout the Company to bring high-value and high-differentiation solutions to the clients (and agencies). Constantly looks for ways that Farm Journal can bring both uniqueness and effectiveness to integrated campaigns for assigned accounts.
- Investigate and develop new accounts
Key Skills & Selection Criteria
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience in enterprise solution selling, including electronic, preference for agriculture related
- Prove prior success selling multi-million dollar deals
- Have a basic understanding of agriculture, preferably livestock related
- Complete understanding of the sales process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior presentation and business planning skills
- Strong people-skills in interaction and presentation
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of laptops required
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, creative, and customer-focused.
- Strong understanding of research, data, print, digital, event, mobile, custom and broadcast medias as marketing and advertising vehicles.
- Strong functional experience in sales & marketing, with a track record of growth
- Previous experience with enterprise solutions selling to Internet-driven and/or technology-driven business(es) that display high-grow characteristics and potential
- B.S. in Agriculture and/or Business-Marketing preferred