The Manager of Climate-Smart Content for Trust In Food™ and Associate Editor for Farm Journal develops, creates and distributes compelling content for Trust In Food’s producer resource platforms, including America’s Conservation Ag Movement and Trust In Beef. This position will lead content creation and strategy with heavy emphasis on discovery, ideation, storytelling, iterating/revising, publishing and monitoring of key performance metrics to engage a broad audience of farmers and ranchers in climate-smart agriculture for maximum social impact. This position dual reports to Trust In Food’s Director of Climate-Smart Content and a leader of Farm Journal’s award-winning editorial team.
Trust In Food is the social-purpose division of Farm Journal. We work to help farmers understand, value and feel capable of implementing conservation agriculture at scale by using best-in-class data insights to inform communication strategy, messaging and delivery to reach producers wherever they are on their journey.
This position will join a unique group of behavioral science, sustainable agriculture, and strategic communications experts who are revolutionizing how producers connect with the products, practices and services they need to become more resilient and sustainable.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will show the ability to:
- Develop and produce blog posts, whitepapers, videos, webinars, in-person events, social media assets and advertising campaigns across digital, broadcast and print media
- Conceptualize and deliver outreach communications that drive engagement to articles, downloadable resources, in-person events and conservation program enrollment
- Engage public and private partners to deliver custom content that focuses on thought leadership, case studies, services, products and programs
- Manage a cross-functional team of professional creatives and external partners to successfully deliver high-quality content
- Travel to farm locations, industry events and client meetings for content creation and coverage
- Demonstrate a proven track record of creating innovative, helpful and highly engaging resources and programming for farmers and ranchers
- 5-8 years of experience in journalism, communications or related field with proven track record of managing media creation from discovery to publication
- Show history and enthusiasm for data-driven reporting, storytelling and strategic content development for all platforms with a focus on new media. Farm Journal’s unparalleled audience insights of 1.4 million consented users provides a trove of possibilities for the right candidate
- Creative and entrepreneurial talent with a strong sense of judgment and proficiency to develop, see and execute on strategic priorities and KPIs, with attention to achieving mission-driven performance metrics and impact goals
- Excellent client-facing presentation and collaboration skills a must
- Excellent project management skills required
- Understanding of conservation agriculture required
Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment as a self-motivated individual contributor to a cross-functional team of professional creatives, data scientists and sales leaders
- Team player: belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to being a great teammate
- Innovative and creative: willing and eager to think outside the traditional to imagine new possibilities and opportunities
- Self-starter: ability to work with minimal supervision, while also willing to seek guidance when necessary
- Deep respect and appreciation for the many nuances and real-world challenges faced by farmers and ranchers