Farm Journal is experiencing rapid growth, and quickly becoming a data- and digital-driven market solutions company. The Livestock National Sales Director is a new role that will be at the center of this transformation.
The National Sales Director will collaborate with Farm Journal’s Livestock Sales Team and work with all of Farm Journal’s support teams to drive revenues, be accountable for monthly and ongoing sales forecasting and budget alignment, strengthen client engagement and assist the sales team in developing creative and strategic market solutions.
This position is responsible for managing a tenured sales team and maintaining and nourishing a well-established culture, while focusing on introducing our Enterprise Solutions selling strategies to clients through extending our data & research capabilities to clients, including those that are non-endemic to agriculture.
A successful candidate will be one who is high energy, self-motivated and goal driven. Dynamic communication and presentation skills are a must and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Forecast monthly sales revenues, opportunities, and expenses to exceed the budgeted revenues for the division
- Aggressively grow our existing relationships and new business goals each month.
- Innovate and look to improve existing product lines.
- Drive change by creating new and different strategies for disrupting the industry.
- Assist the team in selling into top levels at top existing accounts
- Work with the Executive Vice President to execute programs, motivate sales and introduce new products into the marketplace
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience in agriculture or food-related marketing is required, media experience is a plus
- 5+ years of digital, data, research, and top-level, broad sales team management experience
- Experience in managing a P&L, understanding budgeting, forecasting and CRM systems
- Proven track record of unifying teams, extending revenues and encouraging success
- Previous experience identifying and leading key employees
- Ability to create strong relationships and communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude
- Complete understanding of sales activation and building go-to-market and brand strategies
- Competitive, performance driven and results oriented
- A change-agent for both the company and clients.
- Fast on your feet, compelling, and likeable
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous and evolving environments.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
- Team focused; motivate, encourage top performance, and coach while maintaining a strong culture
- CRM savvy; understand the value of data and the need for continuous sales team interaction
- Innovative & creative. Not afraid to re-image processes or possibilities—or create new ones—that serve our team, clients and meet business goals.
- Culture builder, able to maintain team spirit and comradery while focusing on financial results
- Team Player. Belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to be a great teammate.
- Instinctive ability to lead, motivate and follow through on objectives.
- Superior problem-solving skills.