We are searching for a Junior Economist to join our Pro Farmer division! This person will assist the research team with data collection, and compilation to support preparation of various economic reports, and studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates, develops, maintains, and updates spreadsheets and other data repositories to collect, compile, and organize collected data.
- Reviews, analyzes, and summarizes data and information as needed to identify trends.
- Prepares reports of findings for research team.
- Gathers, analyzes, and provides concise summaries of government research and interpretations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
These skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight daily deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software and other spreadsheet programs.
Education and Experience:
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Statistics required. Agribusiness concentrations preferred.
- At least one year of statistical or financial research preferred.
- Basic understanding of Futures and Options.
- Basic understanding of fundamental (supply and demand) analysis for agricultural commodities.
- Basic knowledge of technical analysis of commodity markets (price chart formations, oscillators, moving averages, volume, and open interest studies, etc.)
- Background in agriculture – either through school or experience.