Farm Journal is looking for a seasoned Insights Director to work on the cutting edge of behavioral data, first party research, and agricultural production.
At Farm Journal Intelligence, we harness the reach, trust, data and insights of America’s largest ag content and intelligence company to help our clients in agriculture, food, and sustainability. We’re a unique group of behavioral science, sustainable agriculture, and strategic communications experts revolutionizing how producers connect with the products, practices and services they need to become more profitable, resilient and sustainable.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable independently conducting projects with little direction on topics that are informed by multiple sources of data. This person must be curious, learn new areas quickly, and be able to synthesize and communicate insights often under tight deadlines. An ideal candidate is a self-starter and strong collaborator with a proven track record of excelling in data-driven insights and compelling storytelling. Exceptional skill in organizing and analyzing data into actionable insights and recommendations is critical.
- Analyze Farm Journal’s data and design and execute primary research to create new and novel insights that address complex challenges for agricultural systems change and support our diverse clients across food and agriculture in advancing their programs and strategies.
- Collaborate with clients, business partners and team members to translate business questions into research designs, analytics plans and deliver data-driven actionable insights.
- Lead the design and production of flagship research and data reports on key industry trends and topics.
- End to end project management: define analysis and research plans and conduct market research studies with clearly stated goals and research questions.
- Synthesize and communicate data analysis and research findings to guide strategy, advise activation strategies and GTM decisions through rich storytelling in presentations, reports, workshops, or other creative approaches.
- Present insights results to clients, executive leadership and broader audiences with courage, confidence and proficiency.
- Experience with agriculture, food, or related subjects.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing strategy and how to integrate consumer insights fundamentals including primary & secondary research, syndicated research, positioning, communication development, and strategic business analysis.
- Demonstrated curiosity to explore data and understand linkages between datasets and business outcomes with an eye on transforming the insights into compelling narratives to influence business decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into appropriate analysis and research methods beginning with project scoping and progressing through planning, execution and reporting.
- Deep knowledge of and extensive experience in a broad range of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Experience independently leading end-to-end qualitative research like IDI’s, focus groups, etc. and quantitative research including designing/programming/analyzing surveys as well as advanced analytics such as segmentation, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and storytelling ability.
- Outstanding presentation skills with strong ability to independently translate and communicate data and findings into actionable business insights, strategy and recommendations.
- Ability to lead a portfolio of complex insights projects with multiple clients in a dynamic and evolving organization and deliver compelling results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Experience leading or managing insight, research, analysis team members.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in customer experience, consumer insights, market research, strategy, analytics, and/or brand management
- Bachelor’s degree desired; master’s degree is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience with surveying software like Qualtrics
- Business experience with data visualization tools like Tableau is a plus
Attributes of a Successful Candidate will include:
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous, sometimes chaotic, “start up” environment
- Able to demonstrate agility and can pivot focus based on changes in business needs/conditions
- Proven history and consistent ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Team player: belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to being a great teammate.
- Innovative and creative: willing and eager to think outside the traditional to imagine new possibilities and opportunities.
- Self-starter: ability to work with minimal supervision, while also willing to seek guidance when necessary
- Deep respect and appreciation for the many nuances and on the ground challenges faced by agricultural producers