The Content Strategy Director for Farm Journal Studios is a key driver in developing the vision, execution, and expansion of the company’s new Content Hub strategic initiative. This position provides internal and external leadership in support of the Content Hub platform that helps clients “make content better” through strategy, consulting, and dynamic execution of expansive content roadmaps.
This essential role, which blends strategy, process development, team building, product development and account development, is ideally suited for a seasoned strategist who thrives in managing relationships and excels in a fast-paced environment while overseeing multiple projects at the same time. Come join a team being built from the ground up as we bring our Content Hub offering to the agriculture market.
This position works across the entire project cycle for Content Hub initiatives. Beginning with the clear definition of the scope of work and ending with a concise evaluation of the project’s ultimate execution, the Content Strategy Director will lead the Content Hub team to ensure programs are delivered on time and with excellence. A successful candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a creative problem-solver. This position requires outstanding interpersonal communication skills combined with exceptional organization skills that bring a journalism/newsroom approach to content strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for continuing to develop Farm Journal’s content strategy practice, including hiring a junior content analyst/strategist to join the team.
- Oversees and improves content strategy deliverables.
- Strong digital strategy experience (paid and owned).
- Manages process and proposals for content audit, strategy development and operations models.
- Manages content strategy projects and leads delivery.
- Works with clients to develop strategic approaches for content advisory services.
- Works with the content team to implement content plans.
- Partners with sales to deliver and pitch tailored, recommended solutions to pre-qualified leads.
- Advises customers and internal stakeholders on content strategy and product development.
- Works with analytics and data teams to incorporate Farm Journal offerings into client deliverables.
- Advises leadership on practice development and business planning.
- Participate in client status meetings—reporting progress, identifying challenges and solutions.
- Constantly communicate with internal team members and external resources (as appropriate) on project needs, changes, and updates.
- Successfully manage the relationship with project stakeholders, who would typically include the FJ sales representative, agency partner and/or client contact(s).
- Expand upon internal partnerships with data and owned digital media teams.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work independently and complete tasks under time pressure.
- Contribute to, but not own, product and service pricing strategy.
- Ability to utilize Infegy, SimilarWeb Pro, SpyFu, SEMRush and other key content strategy tools.
- Ability to travel ~10%
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proven working experience in content strategy development & consulting
- Experience with data-driven strategic content insights
- Excitement around integrating first party data sets into product offerings
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience as a content strategist or similar position
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a regular basis
- Agriculture or media company background or experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Handles feedback well
- Must be able to work within a team and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with staff across the company and with outside partners and vendors, including freelance strategist support