The Content Creator, Produce Retail and Education oversees content development and write stories for www.producemarketguide.com, thepacker.com, PMG magazine, create multimedia content for an online Learning Management System, and contribute content and segments for other Farm Journal digital, print and broadcast brands. Emphasize multimedia reach that engages readers, viewers and listeners with primary focus on produce topics but with consideration for reach across multiple Farm Journal properties. As a content creator, you will build brand awareness and affinity.
Content development duties include story idea development, photography and illustration selection, and content creation focusing on retailers, produce buyers and all members of the produce retail chain. For the print edition, contribute monthly editorial column and feature articles and news. Contribute photography to accompany articles when necessary. Work closely with art department to ensure creative, efficient and timely production. Encourage high standards along with good journalism and work ethic from employees and contributing editors. For digital editions, create content on daily basis and oversee content curation from other editors and sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with content team on strategic planning and positioning for all produce-related products.
- Execute news content strategies to provide creative, meaningful content to the Farm Journal audience, using industry leading brands including PMG, The Packer and Produce EDU, and leveraging the company’s broadcast, LMS and events platforms as unique differentiation for the brands.
- Work closely with the content, digital and data teams to execute best practices that support Last Brand Standing efforts.
- Support the content team to drive the digital-first efforts to build and accelerate the overall momentum of the company. In that role the professional identifies and adapts winning strategies from internal and external content teams.
- Drive the service journalism principles and leverage the content team to create broad, deep content that positions the Farm Journal content team as agricultural thought leaders.
- Blend the current generation audience with the next generation of members of the produce value chain.
- Lead by example, creating engaging, cross-platform content.
- Participate in and expand the crops social media presence and power.
- Quantitatively track key competitive content to analyze content mix, quantity and quality while driving continuous improvement.
- Participate in regular analysis and review of content to ensure high-quality service journalism with digital-first mindset.
- Be an active thought leader in the ag media industry.
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Ability to keep a pulse on farm country.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Presence and leadership to represent the Farm Journal brand for internal and external clients.
- Creative talent with a strong sense of judgment and proficiency to develop, see and execute on strategic priorities and KPIs.
- Ability to lead by example in the creation of best-in-class, innovative content.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate new product ideas from an analytical and competitive vantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and related experience in communicating with the all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior problem-solving skills.