The Content Creator, Agriculture & Food Policy and Innovation, leads policy and innovation coverage for Farm Journal content channels. The ideal candidate in this high-profile role possesses these characteristics:
- News-hungry competitor who thrives on breaking news, analysis and policy coverage.
- Innovator who leverages data insights and complements the business’s data strategy.
- Outside the box thinker with the drive to create multichannel content across the company’s brands.
- Versatile self-starter who develops deep relationships with sources and is always working to extend their network.
- Collaborator who communicates effectively with a high-performing team to lead news coverage.
The Content Creator, Agriculture & Food Policy and Innovation, executes content development and editorial excellence for news, policy and innovation content. The vital role is responsible for executing the farmer-first news strategy for cross-platform media content that maximizes the farmer’s experience to accelerate the digital and print brands’ competitive positioning on both the content and data fronts. The individual will execute the news strategy for the team’s digital-first efforts, keeping the farmer first in all of our cross-platform media initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute news content strategies to provide creative, meaningful content to the Farm Journal audience, using industry leading brands including AgWeb, Farm Journal, Top Producer and The Scoop, and leveraging the company’s broadcast and events platforms as unique differentiation for the brands.
- Work closely with the content, digital and data teams to execute best practices that support Last Brand Standing efforts.
- Support the content team to drive the digital-first efforts to build and accelerate the overall momentum of the company. In that role the professional identify and adapt winning strategies from internal and external content teams.
- Drive the service journalism principles and leverage the content team to create broad, deep content that positions the Farm Journal content team as agricultural thought leaders.
- Blend the current generation audience with the next generation of farmers.
- Lead by example, creating engaging, cross-platform content.
- Participate in and expand the crops social media presence and power.
- Quantitatively track key competitive content to analyze content mix, quantity and quality while driving continuous improvement.
- Participate in regular analysis and review of content to ensure high-quality service journalism with digital-first mindset.
- Be an active thought leader in the ag media industry.
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to keep a pulse on farm country.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Presence and leadership to represent the Farm Journal brand for internal and external clients.
- Creative talent with a strong sense of judgment and proficiency to develop, see and execute on strategic priorities and KPIs.
- Ability to lead by example in the creation of best-in-class, innovative content.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate new product ideas from an analytical and competitive vantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and related experience in communicating with the all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- LBS Commitment: Leadership and vision skills to execute the team’s shared Last Brand Standing mission
- Farmer First: Vision of our farmer audience to drive content that protects and preserves agriculture’s essential role
- Team Player: Belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to be a great teammate.
- Business-Focused: A content creator who is driven to delight the audience while achieving business goals and elevating the producer media brands.