The Business Development Director, Trust In Food, provides creative innovation, leadership and success management that will help shape the future of Farm Journal’s newest division.
This vital, high-profile role is responsible for delivering Trust In Food’s capabilities to support agribusinesses, nonprofits, and universities with their sustainable agriculture goals, strategies, programs and products.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in generating revenue by partnering with clients to create custom solutions to their sustainable agriculture objectives.
At Farm Journal’s Trust in Food, we harness the reach, trust, data and insights of America’s largest agricultural content and intelligence company to support our clients’ sustainable agriculture objectives. We’re a unique group of behavioral science and strategic communications experts grounded in solid sustainable agriculture science, revolutionizing how producers connect with the products, practices and services they need to become more resilient and sustainable.
- Establish new business relationships with senior decision makers, identifying prospects, understanding their business sustainability challenges and goals, and building relationships to meet TIF revenue targets.
- Discover, understand, and creatively apply TIF capabilities and assets to solve client and prospect challenges and support business goals.
- Proactively identify and creatively package and productize TIF capabilities for emerging market needs and opportunities.
- Own full prospect lifespan from initial outreach to client close and contract oversight.
- Continuously build and manage prospect pipeline.
- Minimum of 10 years of strategic business development, sales, or fundraising experience, with demonstrated ability to reach and influence key decision makers
- Experience in building, selling and pricing non-tangible, fully custom projects and products
- Solid working knowledge, and ideally passion for, of sustainable / regenerative agriculture space
- Proven success developing and closing strategic, multi-faceted programs valued at six figures and above
- Superior business planning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success interacting at the highest levels of companies and organizations.
- Outstanding dynamic written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to “code switch” across different types of clients and stakeholders.
- Goal oriented and self-directed.
- A change-agent for both the company and clients.
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous and evolving environments.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
- Innovative & creative. Not afraid to re-image processes or possibilities—or create new ones—that serve clients and meet business goals.
- Team Player. Belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to be a great teammate.
- Instinctive ability to lead, motivate and follow through on objectives.