Trust In Food™, Farm Journal’s climate-smart ag division, is looking for an Analyst to work on the cutting edge of behavioral data, first party research, and sustainable ag practices.
We’re looking for a self-starter with proven experience in sustainable agriculture and data analysis, paired with a demonstrated ability to translate information into actionable insights and recommendations. This is a hands-on role where you will hit the ground running in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
At Trust in Food™, we harness the reach, trust, data and insights of America’s largest ag content and intelligence company to accelerate the uptake of sustainable ag across mainstream producers in row crops, livestock, and specialty crops. We’re a unique group of behavioral science, sustainable agriculture, and strategic communications experts revolutionizing how producers connect with the products, practices and services they need to become more resilient and sustainable.
- Analyze Farm Journal’s data and conduct primary research in order to create new and novel insights that address complex challenges to sustainable ag adoption, and support our diverse clients across food and agriculture in advancing their programs and strategies.
- Project work can include: data-derived insights, research and analysis, strategy, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Queries, aggregates, and formats data for data extracts, reports, and dashboards
- Analyze data and convert it to actionable information through the creation and implementation of innovative, flexible, and informative reports
- Deliver insightful and visual solutions to complex problems
- Create dashboards that take complex data and distill it into an easily followed story for business partners
- Communicate project output in terms of customer value, business objectives and opportunity
- With minimal guidance, provide troubleshooting and analysis for business questions, with an eye toward possible solution implementation
- Collaborate with other internal teams on data analysis needs and work with these teams to define the purpose and scope of analysis, perform the analysis, and communicate the results
- Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on data analytics experience in a commercial setting.
- Experience and subject matter knowledge working with a variety of aspects of sustainable agriculture
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience formatting data extracts into business-friendly reports, charts, and dashboards using business intelligence tools, including advanced Excel techniques.
- Experience with analytics and data interpretation, including communication to non-technical stakeholders
- Understand the data in each data source as well as the opportunities and limitations of using the data
- Work effectively with data science/information technology staff
- Establish priorities and make decisions and to work independently and accurately, using good analytical and organizational skills
- Collaborate regularly with business users to define needs
- Superb time management and ability to prioritize
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to forge deep, mutually respectful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Attributes of a Successful Candidate will include:
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous, sometimes chaotic, “start up” environment
- Proven history and consistent ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Team player: belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to being a great teammate.
- Innovative and creative: willing and eager to think outside the traditional to imagine new possibilities and opportunities
- Self-starter: ability to work with minimal supervision, while also willing to seek guidance when necessary
- Deep respect and appreciation for the many nuances and on the ground challenges faced by agricultural producers