Inside Sales Representative
We are Farm Journal, and our company is the recognized leader in the B2B agriculture media and business information space. We have a broad portfolio of top brands and media channels, including magazines, TV & radio, online, mobile, newsletters and events. Underpinning it all is a robust database of geo/demo data, government-data, product directories and behavioral data driving our business forward.
The Company has a passion for the audiences and markets we serve, including farmers, ranchers and agribusinesses across the spectrum of crops, livestock, produce, finance and distribution.
Many of our brands, including our flagship Farm Journal, are industry icons. A recent acquisition added the #1 media brand in Produce – The Packer. We’ve since leveraged this brand to launch a new international event called the Global Organic Produce Expo, plus a bold new digital platform, Produce Market Guide. Our Produce brands connect produce growers to grocery stores and consumers.
We believe in intense service to our markets by providing unparalleled industry leadership. And we give back – via our non-profit, The Farm Journal Foundation, leading the way in food-security education.
Who we’re looking for:
We are in search of an Inside Sales Representative to drive revenue for Produce Market Guide, a digital platform that has shown rapid growth over the past year.
The digital platform is positioned as the “Ultimate Produce Resource” – which means it takes the companies and commodities in the Produce world and mashes them together to deliver value and utility to virtually anyone who has anything to do with Produce. In the future, this platform will evolve to serve growers, importers, grocery stores, schools, food-processors, terminals, government, farmers’ markets, small-plot farmers, farm-to-table restaurants, and even consumers … here in the U.S. and throughout the world.
The Inside Sales Representative will work closely with the Sales Manager to identify, develop and close sales opportunities. The Inside Sales Representative serves in a highly visible sales role within the division and benefits from strong sales and customer success structure in place to assist with sales and account development responsibilities of the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet aggressive deadlines and execute on agreed upon sales metrics.
- Spending 95% of day on the telephone
- Comfortable making several cold calls per day
- Achieving sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customers and by opening new business opportunities.
- Preparing quotes and proposals, following up and closing deals.
- Identify and help develop strategies to grow business.
- Organize and conduct online and face to face training sessions for customers.
- Professional maturity, integrity and discipline and a positive attitude.
- 3+ years of proven sales experience or equivalent proven track record dealing with people.
- Ability to Travel – 10%
- Highly driven to reach and exceed goals.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in the assigned territory and occasional travel to attend company and vendor activities and trade shows required.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730