Director of Data Products
Farm Journal is seeking a Director of Data Products to oversee development of a front-end for our ag intelligence database. This person will work with clients to prioritize and value features, will select and manage the UX and front-end development teams, develop go-to-market and operations plans and plan future phases of this data products suite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee development of Farm Journal’s data product set – specifically a client interface (Farm Reach Vision) and an API.
- Own design and development, budget management, deadline management and product quality for Farm Reach Vision.
- Provide requirements as needed to our technology teams and vendors.
- Ownership of a 360-degree view of our customer needs, our data and how to best deliver on our customer need to extract the most value possible from our data.
- Develop and execute the 18-24-month FJ data product/service roadmap including but not limited to proposed product name, product features, target audience, positioning, pricing and go-to-market strategy
Preferred Skills/Professional Experience
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Commitment to quality, detail, high-design, budget management and deadline management.
- Experience leading large digital data front-end development projects.
- A background in agriculture and research.
- A data and data visualization thought leader.
- Deep knowledge of large agriculture data sets – weather, commodities, markets, geospatial datasets, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730