Director of Business Systems
The Director of Business Systems provides strategic and operational oversight for all aspects of Farm Journal’s business platforms, with primary responsibility for Naviga, the Company’s new integrated business platform. A key aspect of this role is to be the Product Owner, ensuring that the platform is configured and utilized to bring the most value to stakeholders. This role gathers business requirements across the entire organization and then leads/conducts the analysis to determine priorities, and then which system/approach is best suited to deliver complete and efficient solutions.
This is a unique role, in that it gathers strategic direction and then applies technical problem-solving, requiring a high level of people skills to engage all stakeholders cross functionally.
The best suited candidate for this position would be someone with a nontraditional technology and product/project management background, combined with experience successfully managing and training people.
This position is a liaison between departments – coordinating and serving as Project Manager for implementation of new business software, integrating disparate platforms and systems, and ensuring that employees are trained and competent. This role also serves as the lead in working with outside technology and/or systems consultants.
While not directly responsible for data-integrity, this person will monitor and consult stakeholders for complete and accurate data.
Reporting to the COO, this role requires a full range of business and technology acumen, ultimately looking at how the Company’s strategies can be accelerated and made more efficient with good business systems. The individual will have access to permissions, and as such, be responsible for the control of confidential personnel and financial information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Product Owner & Project Manager for the Naviga platform
- Systems analyst for business (not Web-Dev or IT) platforms … including CRM, Order-Entry, inventory management, financials, event management, report-writers, etc.
- Project Manager for upgrades and implementation of new modules/systems
- Thought-leader on new business systems that might have applicability to the Company
- Company’s “lead” for work with business-system consultants and advisors
- Manages pricing, budget, CAPX and all finances related to business-system implementation and expense
- Trains and coaches users to maximize knowledge and value from business-systems
- Serves as “lead” for relationships and interactions with system vendors
- Serves as “lead” for system permission business-rules and management
- Other duties may be assigned
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in the Naviga system a strong, preferred plus
- 7+ years of experience in application support and application administration
- Agile development process experience required, with JIRA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience managing stakeholders from diverse business units
- Ability to work collaboratively without compromising objectives and assignments
- Experience managing ERP, CRM or other business system deployments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally including acquisition integrations, new module or system implementations, systems selection and maintenance / hot fix updates
- Advanced skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Senior Human Resources Generalist