Director of Business Development, Trust In Food
The Director of Business Development, Trust In Food provides creative innovation, leadership and success management that will help shape the future of Farm Journal’s newest division. This position is responsible for new business development and revenue generation for Farm Journal’s purpose-driven division focused on regenerative, sustainable, and conservation agriculture across the value chain, from farmer to consumer, and everyone in between.
This vital, high-profile role is ideally suited for a self-starter who has a proven track record and established network in sales, fundraising, or business development in the sustainability and regenerative agriculture space. Join us in creating a new space in the market and delivering on the ground impact.
This position serves on the Trust in Food leadership team and is responsible for bringing Trust in Food’s capabilities to engage farmers in sustainable agriculture to new food companies, agribusinesses, nonprofits, and government agencies. A successful candidate will be one who is high energy, self-motivated, flexible, and goal driven. Dynamic communication and presentation skills are a must.
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish new business relationships with senior decision makers, identifying prospects, understanding their business sustainability goals, and building relationships to meet TIF revenue targets.
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing portfolio of clients and partners, identifying and growing revenue opportunities over time.
- Help us identify, understand, and meet market needs and opportunities as we grow an agile start-up business through insights gathered through participation in meetings and events.
- Develop client stewardship strategies.
- Develop and maintain up to date revenue pipeline and projections.
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic business development, sales, or fundraising experience, with demonstrated ability to reach and influence key decision makers
- Experience in building, selling and pricing custom projects and products
- Solid working knowledge, and ideally passion for, of sustainable / regenerative agriculture space
- Proven success developing and closing strategic, multi-faceted programs.
- Demonstrated success interacting at the highest levels of companies and organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translates effectively at all levels with both internal and external shareholders.
- Superior presentation and business planning skills.
- A change-agent for both the company and clients.
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous and evolving environments.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
- Innovative & creative. Not afraid to re-image processes or possibilities—or create new ones—that serve clients and meet business goals.
- Team Player. Belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to be a great teammate.
- Instinctive ability to lead, motivate and follow through on objectives.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Phone: (913) 438-0730