Director of Business Development, Strategic Accounts
Farm Journal is experiencing rapid growth, and quickly becoming a data- and digital-driven market solutions company. The Director of Business Development, Strategic Accounts, is a new role that will be at the center of this transformation.
The Director of Business Development, Strategic Accounts will collaborate with Farm Journal’s best and most innovative customers and work with all of Farm Journal’s sales teams to drive higher level client engagement and develop creative and strategic market solutions, This position is responsible for bringing business solutions to the industry’s largest players while focusing on introducing our data & research capabilities to new clients, including those that are non-endemic to agriculture. A successful candidate will be one who is high energy, self-motivated and goal driven. Dynamic communication and presentation skills are a must. An ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Aggressively grow our existing relationships and new business goals each month.
- Innovate and look to improve existing product lines.
- Drive change by creating new and different strategies for disrupting the industry.
- Selling into top levels at top existing accounts
- Cross selling with National Account Managers handling marcomm and agency spends
- Seek non-endemic opportunities, such as food retail
Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience in agriculture or food-related marketing is required
- 5+ years of digital, data, research, and top-level, broad sales management experience
- Proven track record of creating successful lead-generation strategies
- Previous experience identifying and leading key employees
- Ability to create strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Expertise at maintaining a high level of activity to produce results in a team environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude
- Complete understanding of sales activation and building go-to-market and brand strategies
- Competitive, performance driven and results oriented
- A change-agent for both the company and clients.
- Bravery, undeterred in reaching key decision makers, and ability to conduct those highest-level interactions
- Fast on your feet, compelling, and likeable
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous and evolving environments.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
- Drive for discovery, asking questions at all levels for the best outcome
- Research-based, insight-based prospecting
- Innovative & creative. Not afraid to re-image processes or possibilities—or create new ones—that serve clients and meet business goals.
- Team Player. Belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to be a great teammate.
- Instinctive ability to lead, motivate and follow through on objectives.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Phone: (913) 438-0730