Director, Data Governance and Quality
The Director of Data Governance & Quality will exercise authority and shared decision making over the management of Farm Journal data assets, including planning, monitoring, and overall enforcement. This role will be responsible for bidirectional communications across the company, both operationally and strategically. In this role, the Director will map the definition of data that will be used by Farm Journal, how the data will be used, and how that data will be managed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the leader for data governance, integrity, stewardship, and compliance.
- Define and operate data governance framework setting goals and objectives that align with the business needs for data integrity, adoption, usage, process efficiency, and compliance.
- Define practices for data governance intake and initiative assessments and reviews, identify data risks and raising awareness of data management best practices to increase project success. Train key stakeholders in each business unit.
- Drive data integrity management efforts, ensuring critical degree of data accuracy, completeness, and consistency while championing the protection of the data in line with regulatory and legal requirements.Document and report key process indicators and quality measurements.
- Document processes and procedures for investigating and tracking data integrity issues, by defining and analyzing quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status. Provide as-needed reporting against key indicators and measurements.
- Assist in developing additional safeguards to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and others.
- Develop data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the company. Define KPIs to measure against objectives ensuring clear accountability for proper governance, integrity, stewardship, and compliance throughout the data lifecycle.
- Ensure data quality procedures are being properly implemented by team members across all business units.
- Identify and assist in resolution of issues related to data quality, integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Support activities to harmonize, standardize, and globalize processes.
- Strategic Origination;
- 8-10+ years’ experience; Bachelor of Science degree (or engineering), computer science, data analytics, physics, or a related field.
- Strategic leadership and proven ability to gain trust and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience defining and managing a data governance program.
- Experience working with data in marketing, sales, email, and website data.
- Demonstrated experience creating new processes, products or services and challenging the status quo.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience preparing and facilitating workshops and meetings.
- Ability to synthesize conflicting feedback from multiple stakeholders, create a cohesive goal-driven approach and develop action plans.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and continue to raise the bar on quality.
- High degree of initiative and ability to manage simultaneous projects.
- Detail-oriented with superior time management abilities.
- Understanding of key industry best practices such as the following is preferred:
- Data governance framework and organizational structure
- Data quality functions like cleansing, standardization, parsing, deduplication, mapping, hierarchy management, etc.
- Data modeling
- Data glossaries and metadata management
- Data quality operations that standardize data definitions, implements quality rules, and aligns with quality management system
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730