Crop Inside Sales Representative
Looking for a sales position with an award-winning industry leader that’s innovative and growing? Then we’re looking for you!
The Crop Inside Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining and increasing revenue for multiple product lines through phone sales, including both warm and cold calls. You will represent fractional advertising for print media in Farm Journal, Top Producer, and AgPro, online advertising for AgWeb.com (site ads/emails), live events, Mobile, and select Radio and TV spot offerings. You will uncover and listen to customer needs and provide a complete solution by packaging the right mix of our products. An existing territory will be provided, but this position will also be responsible for prospecting new business by cold calling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continually seek out new prospects through outbound calls; must be comfortable cold-calling
- Meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain client contacts and strong relationships.
- Answer client questions, negotiate pricing, create proposals, and assist with any customer needs.
- Some travel is required – less than 10%.
We require excellent customer service skills and the ability to make a large number of outbound calls. You must be sales minded, able to think of creative ways to promote the products you represent and execute those ideas. You must be self-motivated, outgoing, and “hungry” for the sale. Candidates that move forward will have visited our websites listed above, researched our company and product lines, and are prepared to sell themselves.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Entry-level position with degree required; candidates with 1–3 years of sales experience are preferred.
- A competitive spirit.
- Basic knowledge of agriculture preferred but not required.
- Must have pleasant and persuasive telephone manners.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems, be deadline-driven, be organized, be self-motivated, be resourceful, and able to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office with emphasis on Excel, Publisher, and Word. Familiarity with CRM databases helpful.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary & commission plan
- Great time-off package
- Excellent benefits
- Business casual dress
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Krystel Rummans, HR Generalist
8725 Rosehill Rd, Suite 200
Lenexa, KS 66215
Phone: (913) 438-0730