Director of Technical Product Management
Farm Journal is in search of a Director of Technical Product Management to lead and support our data engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Champion core data product (Farm Reach Vision), with a focus on maintaining drive through the development process and successfully releasing versions to market
- Lead our data engineering team and support them in building our Data Warehouse and Data Pipeline efforts
- Play a crucial part in building and designing data engineering best practices for big data processing, data modeling and warehouse development throughout the company
- Responsible for all aspects of the technical product management including planning, market and product research, business and financial analysis, roadmap and release management, market requirements, technical architecture and requirements, go-to-market artifacts, and sales and service support
- Manage core data product throughout the product life-cycle innovation and research, definition, build, and launch
- Assess technology trends and current and emerging competitors to inform core data product direction; utilize and gather market and industry research and analysis to inform a long-range product roadmap
- Identify opportunities to optimize product profitability through value-based pricing, people/process efficiencies, and competitive and market intelligence to increase client revenue and satisfaction
- Maintain high touch with the customer needs, both current and emerging, as well as the competitive landscape that our data products play in.
- Be a “thought leader” in ag data product development. Know what peer businesses are doing with their technical solutions and how they compete.
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand end-to-end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformations and how they impact business decisions
- Lead a team and add continuity to data engineering to ensure successful delivery of complex data solutions
- Provide product leadership and demonstrate a sustained ability to manage core product and find a path to success in a complex, fast-changing environment
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams (especially data and technology teams) without formal authority
- Capable of establishing a business case to flesh out product strategy, investment requirements, and direction
- Consistent, proactive and healthy cross-functional communication skills that motivates cross-functional teams and all business relationships
- Sound business judgment, acumen, and solid understanding of technical and financial issues impacting product profitability
- Demonstrated ability to operate and contribute at both a tactical and strategic level in business and technology areas
Professional and Academic Qualifications
- Graduate degree in computer science or related science or engineering degree (equivalent on the job technical experience will be considered in lieu of a graduate degree)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a software engineering role either as a data engineer, data or system administrator, application engineer (Web, mobile, etc.), or quality assurance
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical product management role guiding the research, definition, build and launch of technology products; at least one year in product management working on a complex data product (e.g., Big Data, data services, AI/machine learning)
- Experience working with Agile Development process and all aspects of go-to-market planning and launch
- Solid knowledge of/experience with the Product Lifecycle Management processes such as requirements definition, business plan development, new product introduction, etc.
- Proficiency with Pragmatic or 280 group Product Management frameworks a plus
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Phone: (913) 438-0730