Director of Business Development, Farm Journal Foundation
The Director of Business Development for Farm Journal Foundation (FJF) is responsible for the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a funding portfolio for FJF that meets or exceeds annual financial goals. This role will serve as a key member of the FJF leadership team and will be expected to develop strategies to maximize funding, partnering with colleagues from across the organization and in collaboration with key external partner organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a funding portfolio for FJF that meets or exceeds annual financial goals
- Map, define, develop and continuously expand a pipeline of current and future fundraising activity
- Map, monitor and report on competitive landscape
- Develop and represent a strong working knowledge of the top current and future fundraising priorities for FJF
- Contribute to the planning of engagement opportunities for current and future funding partnerships
- Budget development, forecasting and reporting
Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- High level of industry engagement correlated to a strong and established professional network
- Proven revenue raising track record that includes directly soliciting, negotiating, and closing funding partnerships
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 5-7 years of frontline business development or related professional experience
- NGO Board member experience preferred
- Commitment to the FJF Mission
- High level of organization and professionalism, an ability to think creatively and be open to new ideas, and a commitment to the FJF mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate to donors, volunteers, and colleagues, including: excellent judgment, diplomacy, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality in and outside of the organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation, and ability to self-motivate
- Willing and able to travel and, as needed, to work evenings and weekend
- Other duties as assigned
Non-profit Organization Management
Culture of Inclusion:
The work and well-being of FJF are strengthened profoundly by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more
About Farm Journal Foundation:
Farm Journal Foundation is a mission-driven, 501c3 organization. This leader will serve as an external ambassador to steward the organization’s strong reputation while effectively communicating the value of the organization’s impact and establishing new funding partnerships. This vital, high-profile role is ideally suited for a seasoned professional with a proven track record and established network in the agribusiness, food industry and related organizations (private sector, industry/association and not-for-profit).
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions on any Farm Journal job postings, please contact:
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Phone: (913) 438-0730